Coffee and Walnut Tray Bakes
Beautiful square traybakes that look as good as they taste!
Write a review
- 8oz Self Raising Flour
- 6oz Margarine
- 6oz Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Coffee Essence (IREL or CAMP)
- 80g Chopped Walnuts
- Walnut Halves (to decorate)
Buttercream Coffee Icing
- 3oz Butter
- 8oz Icing Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coffee Essence
- Put all the cake ingredients into a large bowl and beat until well blended. (I like to cream margarine and sugar first, then add eggs, then flour, baking powder and coffee essence. Last to add is the chopped walnuts.
- Bake on a 12" x 9" baking tray in an oven at 180°C.
- Make sure to line the tin with baking sheet so it is easy to remove and level the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the icing, beat together the butter with the icing sugar and coffee essence.
- You can add more or less coffee essence depending on how strong you want it.
- Spread evenly over the cold cake then decorate with walnut halves and cut into square pieces.
- I like to put one walnut half on each square.
Beauty and the Brows http://beautyandthebrows.ie/
Please like and share: