Potato and Leek Soup with Pesto Croutons
An easy, healthy soup - perfect for lunch or as a starter!
Write a review
- 1 large leek
- 1 large onion
- 5 medium potatoes
- Knorr veg/chicken stock cubes
- 1 litre of water
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp of pesto
- 1 tsp of olive oil
To make the soup
- Wash the leek and finely chop it with the onion.
- Peel 5 medium sized potatoes (I like to use white potatoes) and dice into cubes.
- Add the leek, onion and potatoes to a saucepan containing 1 litre of water.
- Crumble 1 or 2 Knorr chicken stock cubes into the pot and stir (you can use vegetable stock cubes but I just prefer using chicken).
- Bring to the boil and then let it simmer for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Poor the mixture into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and then return to the saucepan until ready to be served.
- Serve in warm bowls and sprinkle with some finely chopped fresh leek (and croutons).
To make the croutons
- Using slightly stale bread, remove all the crusts and cut into 3 inch cubes.
- Mix the pesto with the olive oil in a large bowl and add in the cubes of bread.
- Using your hands, gently mix and toss the bread around in the mixture. Be careful not to squash the cubes.
- Place the cubes out on a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes at 180℃, or until golden.
Beauty and the Brows http://beautyandthebrows.ie/
Please like and share: